Wednesday, November 17, 2010

An Ugg Moment

All day, every day I witness heinous fashion decisions and almost all of them involve Ugg boots. Now, before, anyone gets insulted, you should know that I have absolutely nothing against these fuzzy little accessories. The problem lies in the delivery.

Hour after hour, day after day, I witness bleached blonde, over-tanned sorority girls (no, I don't have anything against them either) traipsing past my door for their daily tanning bed fix. And, 90% of the time, regardless of season, their toasted tootsies are adorned with Uggs. Generally speaking, not a problem.


Now, call me old and out of touch if you will, but in my day sorority girls would only present themselves perfectly coiffed to the general public tastefully accessorized in the latest fashion trends. It was their job. Their social responsibility, for crying out loud!


HOWEVER, something has gone horribly awry.

In addition to rampant and intentional bed head, I've witnessed strange and confusing Ugg (both literally and figuratively) combinations. Apparently, it is now okay to wear whatever you grab first as long as you pair it with a pair of Uggs.

Gym shorts with Uggs...fabulous!
Sweatpants cut off above the knee w/ calf-high Uggs...beautiful!
Sundress with shin-length Uggs...perfection!

I wish I had a Polaroid.
I would snap a quick picture.
Hand it to the offender du jour, and
tell them to put it in a safe place for five years.

I guarantee that when looking at this picture five years from now, they will wonder...

"WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING!"

No comments: